Registered Nurse, Recovery Room
Proliance Eastside Surgery Center, a division of Proliance Surgeons, INC., P.S., located in Kirkland, WA, is looking for a full-time Registered Nurse to join their team.
The RN in the Recovery Room provides expert professional nursing care for the patient during the pre and post-operative course. The RN assesses, plans, implements and evaluates the care of the patient. The nurse will assure that the patient is prepared for discharge to a home environment by providing the necessary education to the patient ant their responsible caregiver.
- Graduation from an accredited school of nursing
- Current State licensure and CPR and ACLS accreditation
- Two years of Recovery Room, Intensive Care or Emergency Room experience is desired
Preferred accomplishments include experience in Orthopedics and outpatient surgery. The applicant must be able to communicate effectively and have the ability to work compatibly with all physicians and staff. The preferred applicant will possess strong organizational skills and a clear understanding of the importance of efficiency and cost effectiveness in an ambulatory surgery center.
The applicant needs to have the knowledge and clinical skills to perform the job duties of a Recovery Room nurse. Must be able to make quick assessments of patients and be able to handle emergency situations appropriately.
- Work with all members of the health care team to provide optimal care to the patient throughout their surgical experience
- Maintain a friendly, positive and caring attitude with all patient, physicians and staff
- Maintain excellent physical and mental health
- Assist in patient education during all phases of their experience at the Center
- Assist in assuring that the proper supplies, instruments and equipment are available for the procedure
- Assist in assuring that equipment is functioning properly
- Assist supervisor with preparation of budget
- Monitor use of and charge for all supplies used. Assist with inventory control by proper count of supplies/time used
- Document appropriately the care that is given to the patient
- Continue education to meet State requirements and keep current with health car.
- Display professionalism at work and in the community as a representative of the Center
- Take an active role on committees within the department
- Identifies actual and potential risk to patients and others and takes action to minimize or eliminate risk and maximize safety
- Performs charge nurse responsibilities as staffing demands and as requested
- Prepare for arrival of patients to the surgery center by making sure that proper supplies and equipment are available.
- Review patient charts for health history and to assure that the necessary pre-operative evaluations have been completed. Make sure permission for surgery has been given.
- Admit and prepare patients for surgery at the Center. Provide ongoing information to the patient and their caregiver to assure that they understand and feel as comfortable as possible.
- Do assessment of patient, start IV, and administer necessary medications as ordered.
- Communicate with other health care team members to assure continuity of care in the Center.
- Receives patient into the recovery room after surgery. Assesses and evaluates the patient. Monitors the patient continuously during their recovery phase. Documents the status of the patients and administers care accordingly.
- Incorporates a sense of wellness by allowing the patient’s family to be reunited with them as soon as feasible and encouraging self-care by the patient.
- Provides discharge instructions to the patient and their caregiver, asking for confirmation of understanding throughout the giving of instructions.
- The RN in the Recovery Room will provide follow up assessment for the patient by calling the patients the day after surgery.
- Is prepared for emergency situations by knowing correct procedures and locations of emergency call system.
- Monitors that Universal Precautions are maintained.
- Will complete all necessary documentation on Recovery Room nurses’ record.
- Orders and maintains supply of drugs.
- Wipes down gurneys and recliners between patients with a germicidal solution. Remakes beds as needed.
Work Environment/Physical Demands:
- The work environment/physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Corrected vision and hearing to normal range
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee regularly is required to stand, walk, and sit.
- Some bending and stretching required. Manual dexterity required. Occasionally lifts and carries items weighing up to 25 pounds. Requires working under stressful conditions or working irregular hours.
How to Apply:
If interested in applying, please email your cover letter and resume through the form below or email to ProOrthoJobs@Proliancesurgeons.com. Use "Recovery Room RN" in the subject line.