Find a Physician
Medical Records Scanner/OperatorPrint
Job SummaryRainier Orthopedic Institute, a division of Proliance Surgeons, Inc., is currently seeking a Medical Records Scanner/Operator.
Job DescriptionPosted: 10/06/2020
Proliance Surgeons is one of the largest surgical practices in the country, with over 425 providers including over 250 board-certified physicians providing treatment at more than 100 care centers in Washington State. Our range of specialties includes orthopedics, sports medicine, spine, ear nose & throat, general surgery, ophthalmology, obstetrics & gynecology, urology and more
The Rainier Orthopedic Institute is a busy orthopedic and musculoskeletal physician practice including 6 surgeons and 1 physiatrist practicing in 2 locations. Our Mission is to provide unsurpassed medical care through servanthood commitment and skilled orthopedic excellence. Our staff strives to deliver compassionate and ethical treatment to our patients.
The Rainier Orthopedic Institute, a division of Proliance Surgeons, is seeking to fill a full-time (40 hours per week) Medical Records Scanner and Phone Operator position. This position is primarily responsible for scanning and indexing patient documents into our EMR. In addition, this position primarily answers our general phone line for the clinic.
Hours are Monday-Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm.
The essential qualities necessary include, but are not limited to:
- Superior customer service skills
- Great interpersonal skills; demonstrating patience, composure and cooperation; working well with all patients, physicians and staff
- Understanding of and adherence to all safety, risk management and precautionary procedures, including the consistent respect for confidentiality (HIPAA)
Key Duties and Responsibilities
The key duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Accomplish front office tasks such as records scanning, faxing, obtaining authorizations and verifying insurances
- Manage incoming calls and direct them accordingly
- Process necessary information including chart preparation and triaging with physicians and medical assistants
- Process incoming referrals from Clarity
- Schedule appointments and collect demographic data, collect and verify insurance information and determine clinical information needed
- Obtain patient medical records, lab reports, x-ray reports, hospital notes, referral information, etc.
- Other tasks as assigned by the Clinic Manager
- Medical office experience required
- Medical terminology knowledge required
- NextGen and Centricity experience desired
- High School education or GED required
- Ability to multitask and utilize critical thinking and communication
- Ability to prepare records in accordance with detailed instructions
- Skill in organizing and reporting information that is accurate and complete
- Understanding the need for and evidence of consistent respect for confidentiality
- Ability to maintain composure in stressful situations and to remain objective
- Ability to exhibit cooperation, flexibility, and provide assistance when interfacing with patients
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with all staff
- Consistency and timeliness in attendance
- Excellent customer service and phone skills
- Patient and pleasant personality
- Works well with a variety of people including patients, providers and other staff members
- Very detail orientated
- Ability to self-direct and work independently ensuring all work is completed in a timely manner
- Demonstrates a strong commitment to the organization and is expected to follow instructions from his/her immediate supervisor, physician or administrator.
- Employees are expected to conform to the policies set forth in the Employee Handbook.
- Must continually demonstrate the safety procedures for the clinic and utilize universal precautions where appropriate.
- Must continually demonstrate appropriate use of body mechanics techniques.
- As outlined in the Employee Handbook, the employee must be reliable, polite, prompt, and confidential. The employee must be capable of efficiently but warmly interacting with patients and other physicians. Major responsibilities will be performed according to the direction of their supervisors.
Work Environment/Physical Demands
The work environment/physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work is performed in an office environment
- Requires working under stressful conditions or working irregular hours
- Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range
- Use of telephone is required
- Manual dexterity required for use of computer keyboard and phone
- Occasionally lifts and carries items weighing up to 40 pounds
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear
- The employee regularly is required to stand, walk, and sit
- Some bending and stretching required
This description is intended to describe the essential job functions, the general supplemental functions and the essential requirements for the performance of this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and requirements of a person so classified. Other functions may be assigned and management retains the right to add or change the duties at any time.
Proliance Surgeons offers a generous benefits package including Medical/RX, Dental, Vision, 401k with profit sharing and more! Plus, ALL of our employees enjoy the free perks of our employee purchasing program offering a variety of discounts on purchases made every day – including cell phone service!
Proliance Surgeons is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment, and we welcome and encourage people of all backgrounds, perspectives, experiences, and skills to apply.
All employment decisions at Proliance Surgeons are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.