Find a Physician
Job SummarySeattle Obstetrics and Gynecology Group, a division of Proliance Surgeons, Inc., is currently seeking a qualified ARNP.
Job DescriptionPosted: 10/05/2020
Proliance Surgeons is one of the largest surgical practices in the country, with over 425 providers including over 250 board-certified physicians providing treatment at more than 100 care centers in Washington State. Our range of specialties includes orthopedics, sports medicine, spine, ear nose & throat, general surgery, ophthalmology, obstetrics & gynecology, urology and more
Seattle Obstetrics and Gynecology Group (OB/GYN) is a physician-owned practice that was established in 1950. Our providers and staff are dedicated to providing the highest standards of medical care to women of all ages within a compassionate, supportive and professional environment.
We believe an integrated approach between patient and provider enables us to offer each patient with a unique plan for her well-being. Seattle OB/GYN Group has remained a strong and cohesive organization for over 60 years because of our shared values, similar philosophies and commitment to one another and to our patients
ARNP provides expert professional care for the patient in all phases. The ARNP assesses, plans, implements, evaluates and cares for patients.
The essential qualities necessary include, but are not limited to:
- Superior customer service skills
- Great interpersonal skills; demonstrating patience, composure and cooperation; working well with all patients, physicians and staff
- Understanding of and adherence to all safety, risk management and precautionary procedures, including the consistent respect for confidentiality (HIPAA)
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- To provide gynecology care and obstetrical care to women and document and communicate to the primary doctor as indicated. Women’s healthcare teaching is an integral part of the job
- Provides ambulatory gynecology care to women including well women examinations, cancer and health screening, counseling, and family planning services
- Performs examinations for evaluation of gynecology problems including Pap smears, bladder problems, vaginitis, IUI’s, catheterizations, endometrial biopsies, breast exams, pelvic exams, etc.
- Inserts IUDs, fits diaphragms, pessaries and other devices
- Performs obstetrical examinations including ultrasound, Fetal heart-tones and NST procedures. Checks incisions and does wound packing
- Prenatal counseling
- Prescribes medications, follows up on lab results
- Document patient information in electronic medical record
- Assists with surgeries (as trained) and hospital rounding on all post-partum patients
- Refers patients to physician when clinically indicated
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Must have current license as a Registered Nurse
- Must have current Certification as a Women’s Health Care Nurse Practitioner
- Minimum of one (1) year experience in related position
- Problem solving skills
- Skill in using a computer
- Compassionate, detail oriented, self-directed and flexible
- Demonstrated experience with sensitive medical issues
Work Environment/Physical Demands
The work environment/physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Some bending and stretching required
- Use of telephone is required
- Manual dexterity required for use of computer keyboard.
- Occasionally lifts and carries items weighing up to 25 pounds
- Requires working under stressful conditions or working irregular hours
This description is intended to describe the essential job functions, the general supplemental functions and the essential requirements for the performance of this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and requirements of a person so classified. Other functions may be assigned and management retains the right to add or change the duties at any time.
Proliance Surgeons offers a generous benefits package including Medical/RX, Dental, Vision, 401k with profit sharing and more! Plus ALL of our employees enjoy the free perks of our employee purchasing program offering a variety of discounts on purchases made every day – including cell phone service!
Proliance Surgeons is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment, and we welcome and encourage people of all backgrounds, perspectives, experiences, and skills to apply.
All employment decisions at Proliance Surgeons are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.