Find a Physician
Medical Records SpecialistPrint
Job SummaryProliance Orthopaedic and Sports Medicine, a division of Proliance Surgeons, Inc., currently has an opening for a Medical Records Specialist.
Job DescriptionPosted: 09/22/2020
Proliance Surgeons is one of the largest surgical practices in the country, with over 425 providers including over 250 board-certified physicians providing treatment at more than 100 care centers in Washington State. Our range of specialties includes orthopedics, sports medicine, spine, ear nose & throat, general surgery, ophthalmology, obstetrics & gynecology, urology and more
We are a team-based orthopedic & sports medicine clinic searching for a full-time addition to our medical records department.
As part of this exceptional team you will participate in all aspects of maintaining our medical records.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
Include, but not limited to:
- Scanning documents into our Electronic Health Record (EHR)
- Preparing and releasing medical records as you follow HIPAA guidelines
- Accessing archive facilities
- Abstracting information from charts into the EHR
- Tracking chart notes and dictation
- Facilitating requests from other departments in our care centers
- Effective communication
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to multitask
- Composure in a fast paced work environment
- Flexibility towards change as we continually adapt to meet the needs of our patients
- Comfortable working in healthcare computer systems
- Experience with Epic EHR and Nextgen EPM is a plus
- Previous experience working with medical records
Proliance Surgeons offers a generous benefits package including Medical/RX, Dental, Vision, 401k with profit sharing and more! Plus ALL of our employees enjoy the free perks of our employee purchasing program offering a variety of discounts on purchases made every day – including cell phone service!
Proliance Surgeons is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment, and we welcome and encourage people of all backgrounds, perspectives, experiences, and skills to apply.
All employment decisions at Proliance Surgeons are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.