Find a Physician
Insurance Verification RepresentativePrint
Job SummaryProOrtho, a division of Proliance Surgeons, Inc., is currently seeking a qualified Insurance Verification Representative.
Job DescriptionPosted: 09/22/2020
Proliance Surgeons is one of the largest surgical practices in the country, with over 425 providers including over 250 board-certified physicians providing treatment at more than 100 care centers in Washington State. Our range of specialties includes orthopedics, sports medicine, spine, ear nose & throat, general surgery, ophthalmology, obstetrics & gynecology, urology and more.
The role of the Insurance Verification Representative is to run benefits and eligibility via RTS, phone and/or payor websites, along with communicating with patients if any pertinent information is missing, in order to provide and input into our billing systems accurate information prior to the patient’s office visit and/or surgery. May include some referral and authorization work as assigned by Billing Manager.
Reports to: Billing Office Manager
The essential qualities necessary include, but are not limited to:
- Patient and pleasant personality; works well with a variety of people
- Flexible attitude; adaptable to new challenges and/or projects
- Team player
- Ability to work independently, with little supervision
- Excellent public relations
- Interfaces well with staff and physicians
- Professional demeanor
- Ability to exhibit cooperation, flexibility, and provide assistance when interfacing with patients, physician and staff
- Understanding and respecting the need for confidentiality
- Ability to maintain composure in stressful situations
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with all staff
- Ability to communicate effectively in person and on the phone
- Consistency and timeliness in attendance
Duties and Responsibilities
The Insurance Verification Representative is expected to perform position-related duties that include, but are not limited to:
- Updating of patient insurance information, including memo entry for billing documentation
- Customer service - answer billing inquiries from patients, healthcare providers and payors
- Sorting mail and sending faxes
- Collect co-pays/pre-pays
- Rebill accounts
- Assist other personnel as directed by Billing Manage
- Minimum two years’ patient medical office experience
- High School education
- NextGen/EPIC experience desired
- Problem solving skills
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Ability to read EOB’s (explanation of benefits)
- Knowledge of CPT and ICD9 coding
- Skill in basic data entry; 10-key proficiency
- Skill in using a computer
- Ability to multi-task
- Skill in organizing and reporting information that is accurate and complete
- Knowledge of basic math skills
- Ability to prepare records in accordance with detailed instructions
- Ability to sit for long periods of time
Work Environment/Physical Demands
The work environment/physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee regularly is required to stand, walk, and sit. Work is performed in an office environment. Some bending and stretching required. Use of telephone is required. Manual dexterity required for use of computer keyboard. Occasionally lifts and carries items weighing up to 25 pounds. Requires working under stressful conditions or working irregular hours.
This description is intended to describe the essential job functions, the general supplemental functions and the essential requirements for the performance of this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and requirements of a person so classified. Other functions may be assigned and management retains the right to add or change the duties at any time.
Proliance Surgeons offers a generous benefits package including Medical/RX, Dental, Vision, 401k with profit sharing and more! Plus ALL of our employees enjoy the free perks of our employee purchasing program offering a variety of discounts on purchases made every day – including cell phone service!
Proliance Surgeons is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment, and we welcome and encourage people of all backgrounds, perspectives, experiences, and skills to apply.
All employment decisions at Proliance Surgeons are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics