Find a Physician
Pediatric Communications CoordinatorPrint
Job SummaryBellevue Ear, Nose, and Throat Clinic, a division of Proliance Surgeons, Inc., currently has an opening for a qualified Pediatric Communications Coordinator.
Job DescriptionPosted: 09/22/2020
Proliance Surgeons is one of the largest surgical practices in the country, with over 425 providers including over 250 board-certified physicians providing treatment at more than 100 care centers in Washington State. Our range of specialties includes orthopedics, sports medicine, spine, ear nose & throat, general surgery, ophthalmology, obstetrics & gynecology, urology and more.
To provide direct clinical and administrative support to physicians, other providers and patients. General purpose is to triage patient phone calls, questions, and correspondence as coordinator and advocate in the Communications Clinic. Maintains clinical documentation, assures optimal patient flow and experience, and follows OSHA/WISHA/other compliance and regulatory guidelines.
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to remove oneself personally from given situations, remaining objective
- Ability to exhibit cooperation, flexibility, and provide assistance when interfacing with patients, physician and staff
- Ability to multi-task
- Skill in organizing and reporting information that is accurate and complete
- Understanding of the need for and evidence of consistent respect for confidentiality
- Ability to maintain composure in stressful situations
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with all staff
- Ability to prepare records in accordance with detailed instructions
- Ability to communicate clearly
- Consistency and timeliness in attendance
- Outpatient clinic organizational ability
- Ability to work independently, with little supervision?
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinates patient care for multidisciplinary providers In the Pediatric Communications Clinic
- Patient Communications Coordinator will cross train and become knowledgeable in the fields of Pediatric Otolaryngology, Pediatric Speech Pathology, and Pediatric Audiology as they pertain to ear, hearing, speech and voice problems in children
- Help the Pediatric Otolaryngology MA to coordinate and grow the Pediatric Communication clinic. Growth plans include the expansion of clinic, starting from two 1/2 days clinic a month, two 1/2 day OR a month and potentially more as the needs arises
- During clinics and OR days, will support patients and providers with patient education and coordination
- During non-clinical time, will support the team in various clinical and administrative activities
- Support this patient population by helping to triage referrals, performing medical intake histories, collection of medical records, and patient support in preparation for collaborative management with providers in the Communications clinic
- Handle phone calls from Communications patients and coordinate and triage answers from the providers
- Support this patient population by education and management of ENT, speech, and audiology concerns such as medications, scheduling, forms, record keeping and insurance appeals.
- Assist Communications patients and providers, outside of team, where the need arises
- May support non-Communications patients, and providers, from ENT upon availability
- Degree/Certification as Medical Assistant-C, LPN or other allied health professional
- This would be an ideal role for speech or hearing therapists
- 3 years in an outpatient clinic setting (pediatrics desired)
- Skill in using electronic health records
- Knowledge of pediatric ENT (desired)
Proliance Surgeons offers a generous benefits package including Medical/RX, Dental, Vision, 401k with profit sharing and more! Plus ALL of our employees enjoy the free perks of our employee purchasing program offering a variety of discounts on purchases made every day – including cell phone service!
Proliance Surgeons is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment, and we welcome and encourage people of all backgrounds, perspectives, experiences, and skills to apply.
All employment decisions at Proliance Surgeons are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.