Find a Physician
Operating Room Registered NursePrint
Job SummarySeattle Orthopedic Center, a division of Proliance Surgeons, Inc., is currently seeking a qualified Operating Room Registered Nurse.
Job DescriptionPosted: 09/22/2020
Proliance Surgeons is one of the largest surgical practices in the country, with over 425 providers including over 250 board-certified physicians providing treatment at more than 100 care centers in Washington State. Our range of specialties includes orthopedics, sports medicine, spine, ear nose & throat, general surgery, ophthalmology, obstetrics & gynecology, urology and more.
Seattle Orthopedic Surgery Center, a division of Proliance Surgeons, has an immediate opening for 2 full time Operating Room circulating Registered Nurses for our busy 10 surgeon, 2 operating room outpatient surgery center; operating room experience is preferred. We have a team approach and pride ourselves on working together to provide exceptional care to all of our patients. We are centrally located in the Wallingford neighborhood within walking distance to many restaurants and coffee shops! There are no nights, weekends or holidays.
We offer competitive wages, a great benefits package including medical, dental, vision coverage and 401k retirement plans. Free parking, catered lunch provided once a week, snack and beverage stocked break room, espresso machine, and additional employee perks.
- Works with initiative, energy and effectiveness in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to communicate effectively in written form and document accurately and completely
- Ability to work independently and multitask with minimal supervision
Key Duties and Responsibilities
A. Maintenance of Safety
- Assures that the sponge, needle, and instrument counts are correct
- Positions the patient
- Applies grounding device to patient
- Provides physical support
B. Physiological Monitoring
- Calculates effects on patient of excessive fluid loss
- Distinguishes normal from abnormal cardiopulmonary data
- Reports changes in patient’s pulse, respirations, temperature, and blood pressure
C. Psychological Monitoring (prior to induction and if patient is conscious)
- Provides emotional support to patient. Stands near/touches patient during procedures/induction. Continues to assess patient’s emotional status. Communicates patient’s emotional status to other appropriate members of the health care team. Provides physical safety for the patient. Maintains aseptic, controlled environment
- Current certification in BLS
- Current license to practice as a registered nurse in Washington state
- Current certification in ACLS, or within 1 month of hire
Work Environment/Physical Demands
The work environment/physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Requires extensive mobility (walking and standing)
- Periodic pushing, pulling, and lifting of patients and/or equipment
This description is intended to describe the essential job functions, the general supplemental functions and the essential requirements for the performance of this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and requirements of a person so classified. Other functions may be assigned and management retains the right to add or change the duties at any time.
Proliance Surgeons offers a generous benefits package including Medical/RX, Dental, Vision, 401k with profit sharing and more! Plus ALL of our employees enjoy the free perks of our employee purchasing program offering a variety of discounts on purchases made every day – including cell phone service!
Proliance Surgeons is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment, and we welcome and encourage people of all backgrounds, perspectives, experiences, and skills to apply.
All employment decisions at Proliance Surgeons are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.