Find a Physician
Job SummaryProliance Surgeons, Inc. currently has an opening for a qualified Reconciliation Accountant.
Job DescriptionPosted: 09/22/2020
Proliance is one of the largest surgical practices in the country, providing excellent care at more than 100 centers throughout Washington State. Many of our surgeries are performed at our own ambulatory surgery centers—where costs are often lower and recovery times faster. Patients return home the day of their surgery to begin healing and rehabilitation and get back to doing what they love, faster. Each and every teammate has a crucial role as a part of our team focused on providing excellent patient care with high value for our patients, their families, employers, payors and our community.
At Proliance Surgeons, it is our mission to be the leader in physician-managed healthcare services. Each teammate contributes to our vision of excellent surgical and clinical care for every patient, every day. Our values of Integrity, Leadership, Loyalty, Mutual Respect and Innovation transcend all of our relationships: our patients and their loved ones, one another as team members, our business teammates and our community teammates. Every teammate is expected to embrace and demonstrate these shared values.
The role of the Reconciliation Accountant is a valued member of our Finance Team. As a Reconciliation Accountant you will be in charge of daily reconciliation between the bank and practice management systems to ensure all transactions are accurately recorded and accounted for. The Reconciliation Accountant will be responsible to identify any discrepancies and escalate to the Revenue Cycle Director to address.
The essential qualities necessary include, but are not limited to:
- Superior customer service skills
- Great interpersonal skills; demonstrating patience, composure and cooperation; working well with all patients, physicians and staff
- Understanding of and adherence to all safety, risk management and precautionary procedures, including the consistent respect for confidentiality (HIPAA)
- Using time efficiently, with meticulous attention to detail, accuracy and completion
- Ability to manage multiple factors for the best result
- Resourcefulness in addressing first level problems and tenacity to see things through to solution
- Ability to remove oneself personally from given situations, remaining objective
- Able to adapt to change, delays or unexpected events while maintaining a positive mindset
- Clear oral and written communication
- Ability to provide feedback to improve performance
- Self-motivated; able to work following specific guidelines and in accordance with detailed instructions
- Ability to measure self against standard of excellence, overcome obstacles and challenges with little supervision
Key Duties and Responsibilities
The key duties and responsibilities of the Revenue Cycle Reconciliation Specialist include, but are not limited to:
- Ensure practice management systems balance with bank deposits
- Ability to identify discrepancies and escalate to the Revenue Cycle Director to address
- Understanding of how revenue is recognized and moves within our organization
- High School diploma or GED
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting with experience in Medical revenue reconciliation preferred
- Strong Excel skills
Work Environment/Physical Demands
Work is performed in an office environment. Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range. While performing the duties of this job, the teammate is regularly required to talk or hear. The teammate is required to sit for long periods of time, stand and walk, bend and stretch. Use of telephone and computer is required. Manual dexterity required for use of computer keyboard. Occasionally lifts and carries items weighing up to 40 pounds. Requires working under stressful conditions or working irregular hours.
This description is intended to describe the essential job functions, the general supplemental functions and the essential requirements for the performance of this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and requirements of a person so classified. Other functions may be assigned and management retains the right to add or change the duties at any time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Proliance Surgeons offers a generous benefits package including Medical/RX, Dental, Vision, 401k with profit sharing and more! Plus ALL of our employees enjoy the free perks of our employee purchasing program offering a variety of discounts on purchases made every day – including cell phone service!
Proliance Surgeons is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment, and we welcome and encourage people of all backgrounds, perspectives, experiences, and skills to apply.
All employment decisions at Proliance Surgeons are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.