Find a Physician
Job SummaryRainier Orthopedic Institute, a division of Proliance Surgeons, Inc., is currently seeking a qualified Clinic Manager.
Job DescriptionPosted: 09/22/2020
Proliance Surgeons is one of the largest surgical practices in the country, with over 425 providers including over 250 board-certified physicians providing treatment at more than 100 care centers in Washington State. Our range of specialties includes orthopedics, sports medicine, spine, ear nose & throat, general surgery, ophthalmology, obstetrics & gynecology, urology and more.
Responsible for all aspects of the day to day operations in a busy Orthopedic Surgeon and Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation physician medical office environment with responsibilities to include two clinic locations (Puyallup & Bonney Lake).
Include, but not limited to
- Problem solving skills
- Outpatient clinical organizational ability
- Ability to remove oneself personally from given situations, remaining objective
- Ability to exhibit cooperation, flexibility, and provide assistance when interfacing with patients, physician and staff
- Ability to multi-task
- Skill in organizing and reporting information that is accurate and complete
- Understanding of the need for and evidence of consistent respect for confidentiality
- Ability to maintain composure in stressful situations
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with all staff
- Ability to prepare records in accordance with detailed instructions
- Ability to communicate clearly
Key Duties and Responsibilities
Include, but not limited to:
- Oversee front office, back office, X-ray and MRI staff with assistance from each department lead in addition to making sure that staffing is covered daily and making changes when needed
- Create agendas and conduct all monthly staff meetings
- Assist clinic Administrator create the monthly Director’s Meeting agenda
- Facilitate monthly clinic department meetings and leadership meetings
- Work with various staff members and department Leads to solve any workflow or conflict issues
- Supervision of referral management, patient scheduling/registration, front end payment collection, and practice management data entry
- Create and make any changes in the NextGen clinic schedules and templates
- Promoting excellent customer service and patient experience
- Develop, implement and maintain office policies and procedures in conjunction with the office Administrator
- Coordinate approved vendor meetings with clinical staff as needed
- Plan and organize all ROI events such as the Total Joint Patient Luncheon, staff appreciation day, holiday lunch and any other staff activities or special events
- Interview, hire and train a productive medical office team and conduct performance reviews of the department leads
- Maintains patient confidentiality standards for both medical and financial information
- Keeps job skills current through Proliance and other training programs
- Performs all other duties as assigned
- Associates or Bachelors degree in Business Administration, Accounting or Health Care Administration
- Knowledge of business and accounting processes
- Minimum of 5 to 7 years in a medical office setting
- Two to three years in a supervisory or management position
- Other lead position experience in an orthopedic practice setting will be considered
- Prior experience of electronic health records
- Knowledge of orthopedics and trauma desirable
Work Environment/Physical Demands
The work environment/physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range
- Regularly required to talk or hear
- Regularly required to stand, walk, and sit.
- Work is performed in an office environment
- Some bending and stretching required
- Use of telephone is required
- Manual dexterity required for use of computer keyboard
- Occasionally lifts and carries items weighing up to 25 pounds
- Requires working under stressful conditions or working irregular hours
Adherence to Center Policies/Practices
- Demonstrates a strong commitment to the organization and is expected to follow instructions from his/her immediate supervisor, physician or administrator.
- Employees are expected to conform to the policies set forth in the Employee Handbook.
- Must continually demonstrate the safety procedures for the clinic and utilize universal precautions where appropriate.
- Must continually demonstrate appropriate use of body mechanics techniques.
- As outlined in the Employee Handbook, the employee must be reliable, polite, prompt, and confidential. The employee must be capable of efficiently but warmly interacting with staff, patients and physicians.
This description is intended to describe the essential job functions, the general supplemental functions and the essential requirements for the performance of this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and requirements of a person so classified. Other functions may be assigned and management retains the right to add or change the duties at any time
Proliance Surgeons offers a generous benefits package including Medical/RX, Dental, Vision, 401k with profit sharing and more! Plus ALL of our employees enjoy the free perks of our employee purchasing program offering a variety of discounts on purchases made every day – including cell phone service!
Proliance Surgeons is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment, and we welcome and encourage people of all backgrounds, perspectives, experiences, and skills to apply.
All employment decisions at Proliance Surgeons are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.