Find a Physician
Revenue Cycle Payment PosterPrint
Job SummaryProliance Surgeons corporate office (Seattle, WA) is looking for a Revenue Cycle Payment Poster.
Job DescriptionPosted: 06/17/2020
Proliance is one of the largest surgical practices in the country, providing excellent care at more than 100 centers throughout Washington State. Many of our surgeries are performed at our own ambulatory surgery centers—where costs are often lower and recovery times faster. Patients return home the day of their surgery to begin healing and rehabilitation and get back to doing what they love, faster. Each and every teammate has a crucial role as a part of our team focused on providing excellent patient care with high value for our patients, their families, employers, payors and our community.
What We Stand For:
At Proliance Surgeons, it is our mission to be the leader in physician-managed healthcare services. Each teammate contributes to our vision of excellent surgical and clinical care for every patient, every day. Our values of Integrity, Leadership, Loyalty, Mutual Respect and Innovation transcend all of our relationships: our patients and their loved ones, one another as team members, our business teammates and our community teammates. Every teammate is expected to embrace and demonstrate these shared values.
The Revenue Cycle Payment Poster is a valued member of the Revenue Cycle team. The position will provide payment and denial posting and other revenue cycle functions.
The essential qualities necessary include, but are not limited to:
- Superior customer service skills
- Great interpersonal skills; demonstrating patience, composure and cooperation; working well with all patients, physicians and staff.
- Understanding of and adherence to all safety, risk management and precautionary procedures, including the consistent respect for confidentiality (HIPAA)
- Using time efficiently, with meticulous attention to detail, accuracy and completion
- Ability to manage multiple factors for the best result.
- Resourcefulness in addressing first level problems and tenacity to see things through to solution
- Ability to remove oneself personally from given situations, remaining objective
- Able to adapt to change, delays or unexpected events while maintaining a positive mindset
- Clear oral and written communication
- Ability to provide feedback to improve performance
- Self-motivated; able to work following specific guidelines and in accordance with detailed instructions; measure self against standard of excellence, overcome obstacels and challenges with little supervision.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
The key duties and responsibilities of the Revenue Cycle Payment Poster include, but are not limited to:
- Accurately posts payments and/or denials via ERA and paper remits
- Accurately records denials with appropriate reason codes
- Runs daily deposit reports
- Pull online and lockbox deposits and post daily
- Research unidentified payments and/or recoupments to determine appropriate resolution
- Research credit accounts and validate accuracy prior to processing refunds or adjustments
- Review Payer initiated refund requests to determine appropriateness of refund and escalate or refund following policy.
- Acts a liaison between corporate office and care centers regarding payments
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum 1-3 years medical billing experience
- Self-motivated team player able to multi-task and prioritize
- Detail oriented
- Professional and etiquette
- Knows how to find and read EOB’s
- Ability to navigate insurance carrier’s websites
- Excellent organization and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong computer skills
- Nextgen and Amkai experience preferred
Work Environment/Physical Demands
The work environment/physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an teammate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work is performed in an office environment. Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range. While performing the duties of this job, the teammate is regularly required to talk or hear. The teammate is required to sit for long periods of time, stand and walk, bend and stretch. Use of telephone and computer is required. Manual dexterity required for use of computer keyboard. Occasionally lifts and carries items weighing up to 40 pounds. Requires working under stressful conditions or working irregular hours.
This description is intended to describe the essential job functions, the general supplemental functions and the essential requirements for the performance of this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and requirements of a person so classified. Other functions may be assigned and management retains the right to add or change the duties at any time.