Find a Physician
Revenue Cycle ManagerPrint
Job SummaryProliance Surgeons, Inc., P.S. (Seattle, WA) is looking for a Revenue Cycle Manager.
Job DescriptionPosted: 06/17/2020
Proliance is one of the largest surgical practices in the country, providing excellent care at more than 100 centers throughout Washington State. Many of our surgeries are performed at our own ambulatory surgery centers—where costs are often lower and recovery times faster. Patients return home the day of their surgery to begin healing and rehabilitation and get back to doing what they love, faster. Each and every teammate has a crucial role as a part of our team focused on providing excellent patient care with high value for our patients, their families, employers, payors and our community.
What We Stand For:
At Proliance Surgeons, it is our mission to be the leader in physician-managed healthcare services. Each teammate contributes to our vision of excellent surgical and clinical care for every patient, every day. Our values of Integrity, Leadership, Loyalty, Mutual Respect and Innovation transcend all of our relationships: our patients and their loved ones, one another as team members, our business teammates and our community teammates. Every teammate is expected to embrace and demonstrate these shared values.
To drive our growth and enable our excellence in care, we need leaders, developers and guides. The Revenue Cycle Manager is an integral member of Proliance’s financial team. This role manages all people and processes in pursuit of optimizing the revenue cycle function. The successful teammate will manage the administrative and clinical functions associated with claims processing, payment, and revenue generation. Accuracy and efficiency of this team directly impacts our mission to be the leader in physician-managed healthcare services and to provide excellent surgical and clinical care for every patient, every day.
The Revenue Cycle Manager reports to Proliance Surgeon’s Revenue Cycle Director, and works directly with the Central Services Office, Care Centers and ASCs to provide oversight and feedback to ensure their continued success in revenue cycle management.
The essential qualities necessary include, but are not limited to:
- Superior customer service skills
- Progressive, demonstrated knowledge and experience in all components of the revenue cycle
- Strong leadership, training and mentoring abilities
- Promoting (leading by example) great interpersonal skills; modeling patience, composure and cooperation; working well with all patients, physicians and team.
- Advanced understanding of and Adherence to all safety, risk management and precautionary procedures, including the consistent respect for confidentiality (HIPAA)
- Efficient use of time, with meticulous attention to quality, detail, accuracy and completion; skilled in delegation and organization
- Ability to establish and manage multiple priorities, coordinate work activities and exercise initiative.
- Creativity and resourcefulness in addressing problems and opportunities and tenacity to see things through to solution
- Excellent judgement, understand what s/he does not know and what questions to ask to reach well informed decisions that minimize risk.
- Willingness and ability to be flexible with working varied hours, stepping in as a working leader as needed and dependable with attendance
- Ability to remove oneself personally from given situations, remaining objective.
- Demonstrate a learning attitude toward solving problems, using good reasoning and judgment
- Ability to adapt to change, delays or unexpected events while maintaining a positive mindset
- Ability to provide feedback to improve performance
- Self-motivated; able to work independently and collaboratively, following specific guidelines and procedures; measure self against standard of excellence, overcome obstacles and challenges, involving others when needed.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
In addition to demonstrating a strong working knowledge of the Revenue Cycle Team’s key duties and responsibilities, the Revenue Cycle Manager is expected to:
- On-board and train new Rev Cycle teammates on their duties and manage the revenue cycle team at the corporate office across a variety of responsibilities
- Provide encouragement and recognition of excellence in performance; monitor team performance, identify issues, work through resolutions and provide both informal and formal feedback.
- Collaborate with the leadership team to manage performance of the teammates, including annual review, goal setting, corrective action, PIP and termination.
- Oversee quality assurance activities and compliance with operational standards.
- Participate in program development and implementation of rev cycle policy and procedures.
- Assist Revenue Cycle Director in implementing changes to revenue cycle processes, systems and tools.
- Broaden the relationship between the corporate revenue cycle team and the organization.
- Monitor daily work of revenue cycle team by checking for accuracy and completeness
- Monitor key indicators in Revenue cycle and will work closely with management to improve cash flow, reduce denials and minimize bad debt.
- Completes all required projects and report in a timely fashion per the direction of the Revenue Cycle Director.
- Complete duties and assist others as directed
- Must follow all policies as introduced during new teammate On-Boarding, updated real-time and outlined in Teammate Handbook
- Bachelor’s degree in healthcare administration preferred or equivalent and minimum of (5) years of direct healthcare financial management experience.
- Working experience of medical office and ambulatory surgery center practice setting in the area of billing and collections.
- Complete understanding and an in-depth working knowledge of healthcare revenue cycle.
- Demonstrated experience serving as both a hands-on manager and a high performing individual contributor.
- Strong computer knowledge and skills
- Direct experience with EMR/EHR, Nextgen and Amkai experience preferred
- Prior experience at Proliance Surgeons preferred
Work Environment/Physical Demands
The work environment/physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a teammate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work is performed in an office environment. Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range. While performing the duties of this job, the teammate is regularly required to talk or hear. The teammate is required to sit for long periods of time, stand and walk, bend and stretch. Use of telephone and computer is required. Manual dexterity required for use of computer keyboard. Occasionally lifts and carries items weighing up to 40 pounds. Requires working under stressful conditions or working irregular hours.
This description is intended to describe the essential job functions, the general supplemental functions and the essential requirements for the performance of this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and requirements of a person so classified. Other functions may be assigned and management retains the right to add or change the duties at any time.