Find a Physician
Job SummaryThe Rainier Orthopedic Institute, a division of Proliance Surgeons, is seeking to fill a full-time (40 hours per week) Receptionist. This position is primarily responsible for front line patient contact/greeting, answering phone, scheduling appointments, registering patients and maintaining a smooth patient flow in the clinic setting.
Job DescriptionPosted: 06/12/2020
The Rainier Orthopedic Institute is a busy orthopedic and musculoskeletal physician practice including 7 surgeons and 1 physiatrist practicing in 2 locations. Our Mission is to provide unsurpassed medical care through servanthood commitment and skilled orthopedic excellence. Our staff strives to deliver compassionate and ethical treatment to our patients.
Job Responsibilities: Include, but are not limited to:
- Accomplish front office tasks such as greeting patients, collecting all intake forms and reviewing for completeness, registering patients, collecting and verifying insurance information and required referral/authorization, collecting co-pays, scheduling appointments, answering phone and maintaining assigned physician schedules.
- Help answer incoming calls and direct them accordingly
- Help process necessary clinical information including chart preparation and triaging referrals with physicians and medical assistants
- Process incoming referrals from Clarity
- Understand insurance plan requirements related to scheduling
- Schedule appointments and determine needed clinical information prior to scheduling patients
- Obtain patient medical records, lab reports, x-ray reports, hospital notes, referral information, etc.
- Other tasks as assigned by the Clinic Manager
Physical Demands: Include, but are not limited to:
The work environment/physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear
- The employee regularly is required to stand, walk, and sit
- Work is performed in a medical office environment
- Some bending and stretching required
- Use of telephone is required
- Manual dexterity required for use of computer keyboard and phone
- Occasionally lifts and carries items weighing up to 40 pounds
- Requires working under stressful conditions or working irregular hours
- Medical office experience required. Other applicants will not be considered.
- Medical terminology knowledge required
- NextGen and Centricity experience desired
- High School education or GED required
How to Apply:
If interested in applying, please submit your resume through the form below or email to Todd Bate at email@example.com