Find a Physician
Medical Assistant CertifiedPrint
Job SummaryProOrtho (Kirkland, WA) is looking for a Medical Assistant Certified.
Job DescriptionPosted: 06/08/2020
ProOrtho is seeking a Medical Assistant Certified who will provide back office support for an Orthopedic Surgeon in coordination of clinic patient visits and related paperwork, phone calls, and administrative assisting, as assigned by lead or supervisor.
The essential qualities necessary include, but are not limited to:
- Demonstrate positive interpersonal relations in dealing with all ProOrtho physicians, employees, patients and outside clients
- Communicate accurate and pertinent information to the above
- Demonstrate ability to embrace and project the values of ProOrtho & Proliance Surgeons
- Demonstrate the ability and willingness to learn unfamiliar tasks and equipment operation within the scope of position
- To accept change in a positive and professional manner and to lead others in the same
- Patient and pleasant personality; works well with all types of people
- Flexible attitude
- The candidate will be a graduate of a certified medical assistant training program.
- Three years previous, related experience preferred, one year in orthopedics desired.
- Current driver’s license and a reliable, insured vehicle for transportation to ProOrtho locations
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Knowledge of insurance specifications
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Skill in basic data entry
- Excellent phone etiquette and ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to exhibit cooperation, flexibility, and provide assistance when interfacing with patients, physician and staff
- Ability to multi-task
- Skill in organizing and reporting information that is accurate and complete
- Ability to maintain composure in stressful situations
- Ability to prepare records in accordance with detailed instructions
- Ability to sit or stand for long periods of time
- Consistency and timeliness in attendance
Work Environment/Physical Demands
The work environment/physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee regularly is required to stand, walk, and sit. Work is performed in an office environment. Some bending and stretching required. Use of telephone is required. Manual dexterity required for use of computer keyboard. Occasionally lifts and carries items weighing up to 25 pounds. May require working under stressful conditions or working irregular hours.
This description is intended to describe the essential job functions, the general supplemental functions and the essential requirements for the performance of this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and requirements of a person so classified. Other functions may be assigned and management retains the right to add or change the duties at any time.
We regret we are not in a position to personally respond to all applicants.