Find a Physician
Surgical Tech - Part Time or Per DiemPrint
Job SummaryPuyallup Ambulatory Surgery Center, a division of Proliance Surgeons, Inc., currently has an opening for an experienced Surgical Tech.
Job DescriptionPosted: 02/06/2020
Puyallup Ambulatory Surgery Center is looking for an experienced Surgical Tech. The ideal candidate should have experience in a hospital and/or an Ambulatory Surgery Center.
Part Time or Per Diem position
There are no nights or weekend shifts and closed on observed holidays. Salary is dependent on experience.
- Minimum 1-year experience as a Surgical Tech
- Knowledge of General Surgery & Urology Surgery preferred
- Graduate from an accredited Surgical Tech program
- Current WA State driver's license
- Current Washington state SURG TECH license
The surgical technologist in the OR provides assistance to the surgeon and PA and OR team during the time the patient is present in the operating room.
- Work with all members of the health care team to provide optimal care to the patient throughout their surgical experience
- Maintain a friendly, positive and caring attitude with all patient, physicians and staff
- Assist in assuring that the proper supplies, instruments and equipment are available for the procedure
- Assist in assuring that equipment is functioning properly
- Monitor use of all supplies used. Assist with inventory control by proper count of supplies/time used
- Continue education to meet State requirements and keep current with health car
- Take an active role on committees within the department
- Identifies actual and potential risk to patients and others and takes action to minimize or eliminate risk and maximize safety
- Problem solving skills
- Computer proficiency
- Ability to remove oneself personally from given situations, remaining objective
- Exhibit cooperation, flexibility, and provide assistance when interfacing with patients, physician and staff
- Organizing and reporting information that is accurate and complete
- Understanding of the need for and evidence of consistent respect for confidentiality/HIPAA
- Ability to maintain composure in stressful situations
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all staff
- Effective and clear communication
- Consistency and timeliness in attendance
Work Environment/Physical Demands
The work environment/physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee regularly is required to stand, walk, and sit. Some bending and stretching required. Use of telephone is required. Manual dexterity required for use of computer keyboard. Occasionally lifts and carries items weighing up to 25 pounds. Requires working under stressful conditions or working irregular hours.
This description is intended to describe the essential job functions, the general supplemental functions and the essential requirements for the performance of this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and requirements of a person so classified. Other functions may be assigned and management retains the right to add or change the duties at any time.
How to Apply:
Please submit cover letter, resume and salary requirement via the form below.