Find a Physician
Executive Director of ASC Operations Print
Job SummaryThe Proliance Surgeons, Inc., located in downtown Seattle, is looking for a full-time Executive Director of ASC Operations to join our corporate office team.
Job DescriptionPosted: 11/06/2019
The Executive Director of ASC Operations is directly accountable and responsible to the company’s Chief Operating Officer for the overall administration of the ASC service line and working in close collaboration with the company’s ASC Directors and Chief Risk officer. The Executive Director of ASC Operations ensures the company’s ASC’s follow consistent policies and procedures; meet the standards of accrediting bodies at all times; fulfill internal and external benchmarking reporting requirements; maintain efficient and effective operations; oversee the operational management of ASC Joint Ventures.
- Bring a continuous process improvement approach to ASC operations
- Develop and direct short- and long-term plans that translate strategic goals into specific, actionable steps to improve performance of the ASC’s as a service line
- Operational management of ASC joint ventures where Proliance serves as the management company
- Stay current on all accreditation standards, Medicare conditions for coverage (CfC) and Washington State Department of Health regulations
- Develop and maintain database of documents that demonstrate conformity to accreditation standards and measures
- Standardize ASC’s policies and procedures and their approach to fulfilling accrediting bodies standards and measures to extent practical
- Keep accreditation manuals current and in compliance
- Facilitate ASC Director discussion of policies and procedures, accreditation standards and overall compliance strategies
- Together with ASC Directors, serve as Proliance’s representative with accrediting bodies before, during and after site visits and mock surveys when necessary
- Evaluate and implement third party tools that enhance ASC’s ability to fulfill accrediting bodies standards
- Together with the company’s CRO, keep policies and procedures current and updated.
- Compile and submit data for the ASCA benchmarking project
- Monitor the CMS ASC Quality Reporting program and assist ASCs as needed to ensure timely completion. Ensure SDS Manual online is maintained
- Compile, share and analyze internal benchmarking projects, including surgical site infections, DVT, hospital transfers, CMS Quality Measures and patient satisfaction
- Onboarding of new ASC Directors
- Attendance to applicable conferences with educational dissemination to ASC Directors
- Bachelor’s degree in health care administration, nursing or a business discipline
- Ten or more years of ASC management experience, including responsibility for regulatory compliance
- Registered Nurse
- CASC Certification a plus
Skills/Professional and Personal Qualities
- Excellent organizational skills, strong attention to detail, process orientation
- Professional and capable company representative who builds trust and respect with accrediting bodies
- Self-effacing, humble yet confident person who is self-motivated, flexible, deals well with ambiguity and does not require positional authority to get things done
- Skilled professional with a collaborative style who influences change and builds consensus for ideas and recommendations that move the organization forward
- Understands what s/he doesn’t know and what questions to ask to reach well informed decisions that minimize risk
- Unquestioned ethics and integrity
How to Apply:
If interested in applying, please email your cover letter and resume through the form below or email to email@example.com.
- Use “Director of ASC Operations” as the subject
- Candidates under consideration will be scheduled for a Skype or FaceTime interview. Successful first round candidates will be invited to interview in person
- We regret we are not in position to personally respond to all applicants
About Proliance Surgeons:
Proliance Surgeons is one of the largest surgical practices in the country, with 225 board-certified physicians providing treatment at more than 60 care canters in Washington State. Our range of specialties includes orthopaedics, sports medicine, ear nose & throat, general surgery, ophthalmology, urology and more. Many of our surgeries are performed at our own outpatient surgery centers – where costs are often lower and recovery times faster than at a hospital. Patients return home the day of their surgery to begin healing and rehabilitation and get back to doing what they love, faster. Proliance physicians helped more than 600,000 patients last year alone, and performed over 77,000 surgeries. See www.proliancesurgeons.com for more information about our practice.