Find a Physician
Job SummaryProOrtho, a division of Proliance Surgeons, Inc., is looking for a full-time Medical Receptionist to join their team.
Job DescriptionPosted: 02/20/2020
The role of the Medical Receptionist is to act as a liaison for patient appointments, gathering and inputting registration information into NextGen software, and working in a team environment to perform front office support duties. This includes booking appointments, greeting patients, processing necessary information to support that activity and triaging with physicians and medical assistants on acute scheduling problems.
Essential qualities necessary include, but are not limited to:
- Patient and pleasant personality; works well with a variety of people
- Detail oriented
- Team player
- Ability to work independently, with little supervision
- Interfaces well with staff and physicians
- Professional demeanor
- Schedule appointments via telephone and in person
- Check in/register patients, verify information on established patients, and update patient information in computer
- Collect co-pays and daily balancing of cash box.
- Answer patient calls and direct appropriately.
- Facilitate flow of patients by coordinating with medical assistants
- Accomplish other front office tasks such as records filing, faxing, opening mail, etc.
- Assist patients with online portal access
- Complete duties as directed by supervisor.
- Assist other personnel as directed by department lead or Reception Supervisor
- High School education
- 1-2 years of relevant experience in public contact
- Minimum one-year Medical Reception experience (desired)
- Problem solving skills
- Skill in using a computer
- Ability to type/data entry
- Ability to remove oneself personally from given situations, remaining objective
- Ability to exhibit cooperation, flexibility, and provide assistance when interfacing with patients, physician and staff
- Ability to multi-task
- Skill in organizing and reporting information that is accurate and complete
- Understanding of the need for and evidence of consistent respect for confidentiality
- Ability to maintain composure in stressful situations
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with all staff
- Ability to prepare records in accordance with detailed instructions
- Ability to communicate clearly
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Consistency and timeliness in attendance
Work Environment/Physical Demands:
The work environment/physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee regularly is required to stand, walk, and sit. Work is performed in an office environment. Some bending and stretching required. Use of telephone is required. Manual dexterity required for use of computer keyboard. Occasionally lifts and carries items weighing up to 25 pounds. Requires working under stressful conditions and at times, working irregular hours.
This description is intended to describe the essential job functions, the general supplemental functions and the essential requirements for the performance of this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and requirements of a person so classified. Other functions may be assigned and management retains the right to add or change the duties at any time.
How to Apply:
If interested in applying, please email your cover letter and resume through the form below or email to ProOrthoJobs@proliancesurgeons.com.
- Please use “Medical Receptionist” in the subject line
- We regret we are not in a position to personally respond to all applicants