Find a Physician
Registered Medical Assistant - ATCPrint
Job SummaryOrthopedic Physician Associates, a division or Proliance Surgeons, Inc., located minutes from downtown Seattle, is looking for a professional and personable individual to join our clinical team as an orthopedic Assistant to Physician.
Job DescriptionPosted: 03/10/2020
OPA is a premier orthopedic medical practice and is proud to be the team physicians for the area's professional sports teams, including the Seattle Seahawks and Mariners.
The primary role of the Assistant to Physician is to provide direct clinical and administrative support to the physicians.
The Ideal Candidate Will:
- Exhibit a positive, compassionate and professional demeanor
- Be flexible
- Highly organized team player
- Outstanding phone etiquette
- Consistently demonstrates a dynamic, team oriented and friendly personality with patients, physicians and staff
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Triage patient phone calls, questions, and correspondence
- Assist physician(s) with patients seen in office
- Minor office procedures (removing sutures, dressing changes, etc.)
- Take history for new patients
- Answer medical questions in office and on the phone, screening appointments
- Patient surgery and test scheduling
- Pre- and post-operative/procedure patient education
- Post-operative/procedural follow-up with patients
- Prescription callbacks
- Serve as liaison between physician and patient
- Certification as an ATC or Medical Assistant (CMA or MA-R)
- Outpatient clinic setting experience desired (orthopedic experience preferred)
- Ability to exhibit cooperation, flexibility, and provide assistance when interfacing with patients, physician and staff
- Strong ability to multi-task, problem-solve, and communicate clearly
- Excellent organizational skills
- Skill in reporting information that is accurate and complete
- Ability to maintain composure in stressful situations
- Orthopedic experience strongly preferred
- EPIC and/or NextGen software experience desired (but not required)
- Certification as Athletic Trainer or Medical Assistant required. (In this role the ATC would also be certified as a Registered MA, and our office facilitates this.)
We offer competitive wages and excellent benefits (including transportation or paid parking) and an opportunity to work with a wonderful team for great physicians.
How to Apply:
If interested in applying, please submit your resume and cover letter, including the salary range you are seeking, email@example.com.
To learn more about OPA visit us on the web at: https://www.opaortho.com