Find a Physician
Coding Compliance SpecialistPrint
Job SummaryProliance Surgeons, Inc., P.S., is searching for a full-time Coding Compliance Specialist for the Corporate Customer Service Office in downtown Seattle.
Job DescriptionPosted: 08/21/2019
The Coding Compliance Specialist is a valued member of the Revenue Cycle Team. As the Coding Compliance Specialist you will be responsible to enforce medical billing and coding regulations. You will also serve as a resource for Proliance Surgeons to providers and coding staff.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops internal compliance monitors and audit protocols
- Develops and implements policies meant to improve coding and provides training to coding and billing staff as needed
- Monitors the regulatory environment, including payer measures and Medicare guidelines to ensure we are in compliance
- Manages coding and billing audits to ensure accuracy to maximize revenue collection
- Completes internal coding reviews, audits, risk assessments and education (as applicable) for physicians and staff
- Develops strategic solutions and provides direction in areas of coding and clinical documentation improvement
- Coordinate annual coding and billing related compliance training with education.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in healthcare field or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 5+ years of Coding Auditing/Compliance experience is preferred
- Hold and maintain AAPC certified professional Coder and/or Certified Coder thru AHIMA
- Demonstrated expertise in current multispecialty CPT, ICD10 and HCOC coding principles and practices.
- Working experience of medical office and ambulatory surgery center practice setting in the area of coding and billing
- Excellent judgement, understand what s/he does not know and what questions to ask to reach well informed decisions that minimize risk
- Ability to present information to leadership, physicians and staff
- Self-motivated team player able to multi-task and prioritize
- Detail oriented
- Professional and etiquette
- Excellent organization and interpersonal communication skills
How to Apply:
If interested in applying, please submit your cover letter and resume through the form below or email to Proliance Surgeons at email@example.com.
- Use “Coding Compliance Specialist” as the subject
- Candidates under consideration will be scheduled for a telephone, Skype or FaceTime interview
- Successful first round candidates will be invited to interview in person
- We regret we are not in a position to personally respond to all applicants
About Proliance Surgeons
Proliance Surgeons is one of the largest surgical practices in the country, with over 425 providers including over 250 board-certified physicians providing treatment at more than 100 care centers in Washington State. Our range of specialties includes orthopedics, sports medicine, spine, ear nose & throat, general surgery, ophthalmology, obstetrics & gynecology, urology and more. Many of our surgeries are performed at our own outpatient surgery centers—where costs are often lower and recovery times faster than at a hospital. Patients return home the day of their surgery to begin healing and rehabilitation and get back to doing what they love, faster. Proliance physicians helped more than 650,000 patients last year alone and performed over 85,000 surgeries.
Our website (www.proliancesurgeons.com) is designed to provide information about our organization, each Care Center's individual physicians, their specialties and practice locations. This description is intended to describe the essential job functions, the general supplemental functions and the essential requirements for the performance of this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and requirements of a person so classified. Other functions may be assigned and management retains the right to add or change the duties at any time.