Find a Physician
Patient Services Representative (PSR) / Medical Office ReceptionistPrint
Job SummarySeattle OB/GYN, a division of Proliance Surgeons, Inc., P.S., is looking for a full-time, no weekends, Patient Services Representative (PSR) / Medical Office Receptionist to join their team.
Job DescriptionPosted: 08/14/2019
About Our Care Center :
Seattle OB/GYN is a high volume practice with 18 providers including physicians, midwives, physician’s assistants, and nurse practitioners that have been providing outstanding obstetrical and gynecological care for women in the greater Seattle area since 1950. Seattle OBGYN is a division of Proliance Surgeons, a specialty physician practice of over 200 physicians and over 1,800 employees.
The primary role is to deliver excellent service to our patients while supporting the providers and staff alike. We are willing to train someone who has a desire to work in the healthcare industry. You will be part of a solid team of professionals who encourage growth pathways for all of our employees.
The position of Patient Services Representative reports to the Front Office Supervisor and you will have duties focused on front desk, scheduling, and other customer service based functions.
The role of PSR is to:
- Act as a liaison for patient appointments
- Gather and input registration information
- Work in a team environment to perform front office support duties
- Greeting and scheduling patients
- Triaging with physicians and medical assistants on acute scheduling problems
- Detail-oriented data entry
Our patients are impacted greatly by our front desk staff and their ability to manage the intake process of new and existing patients and we are looking to hire an outstanding individual to maintain a high level of care.
- Warmly greet patients both on the phone and in person; assist them with scheduling and general inquiries
- Direct patients accordingly with inquiries regarding triage, medical records, billing, etc
- Call on incoming referrals to schedule new patients
- Maintain schedules of providers to ensure patients are scheduled appropriately and allows for optimal provider and patient flow
- Collect and verify insurance information
- Verify and update patient information for new and established patients
- Assist patients with online portal access
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of patient information
- Professional demeanor with a positive, upbeat attitude
- Patient-centered mindset
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to exhibit cooperation, flexibility, and provide assistance when interacting with patients, providers, and staff
- Ability to type 50+ WPM
- Ability to adhere to a business casual/office professional dress code
- Demonstrated consistency and timeliness in attendance/punctuality
- 1-2 years of customer service
- Understanding of medical terminology
- Salary: $17.00 to $21.00 per hour, depending on experience
- Medical, vision, and dental
- Disability and life insurance
- 9 paid holidays
- Up to 144 hours of PTO annually
- Paid parking or bus pass
- Retirement plan with matching employer contribution after 1 year
- Frequent paid company lunches
How to Apply:
If interested in applying, please email your resume through the form below or email to email@example.com.
- Use “Medical Receptionist” on the subject line