Find a Physician
Assistant to Physician Print
Job SummaryThe primary role of the Assistant to Physician is to provide direct clinical and administrative support to the physicians. General purpose is to triage patient phone calls, questions, and correspondence.
Job DescriptionPosted: 07/29/2019
The primary role of the Assistant to Physician is to provide direct clinical and administrative support to the physicians. General purpose is to triage patient phone calls, questions, and correspondence.
The essential qualities necessary include, but are not limited to:
- Patient and pleasant personality; works well with a variety of people
- Flexible attitude
- Team player
- Interfaces well with staff and physicians
- Professional demeanor
Duties and Responsibilities
The Assistant to Physician is expected to perform position-related duties that include, but are not limited to:
- Assist physicians with patients seen in office
- Minor office procedures (removing sutures, dressing changes, etc.)
- Take history for new patients
- Answer medical questions in office and on the phone, screening appointments
- Preview physician’s schedule and troubleshoot as needed
- Patients surgery and test scheduling
- Pre and post operative patient education
- Post operative follow-up with patients
- Prescription callbacks
- Organize physician mail, etc., as needed
- Process test results
- Serve as liaison between physician and patient
- Assist as directed by Physician/Manager/Administrator
- Assist other Medical Assistants as needed
- Backup to cast technician
- Must follow all polices as outlined in Employee Handbook
- Degree/current certification as an RN, LPN, ATC or MA (we will facilitate MA-R)
- 2+ years in an outpatient clinic setting (orthopedic desired)
- Problem solving skills
- Skill in using a computer
- Knowledge of orthopedics and trauma (desired)
- Ability to remove oneself personally from given situations, remaining objective
- Ability to exhibit cooperation, flexibility, and provide assistance when interfacing with patients, physicians and staff
- Ability to multi-task
- Skill in organizing and reporting information that is accurate and complete
- Understanding of the need for and evidence of consistent respect for confidentiality
- Ability to maintain composure in stressful situations
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with all staff
- Ability to prepare records in accordance with detailed instructions
- Ability to communicate clearly
- Consistency and timeliness in attendance
- Outpatient clinic organizational ability
- Ability to work independently, with little supervision
Work Environment/Physical Demands
The work environment/physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee regularly is required to stand, walk, and sit. Work is performed in an office environment. Some bending and stretching required. Use of telephone and computer is required. Manual dexterity required for use of computer keyboard. Occasionally lifts and carries items weighing up to 25 pounds. Requires working under stressful conditions or working irregular hours.
This description is intended to describe the essential job functions, the general supplemental functions and the essential requirements for the performance of this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and requirements of a person so classified. Other functions may be assigned and management retains the right to add or change the duties at any time. If employee maintains additional licensure (ie. nursing, phlebotomy, surgical tech, etc.) employee agrees not to exceed the scope of practice permitted by such licensure.
Email cover letter and CV/resume to email@example.com
Use “Assistant to Physician” as the subject.
Candidates under consideration will be scheduled for a telephone, Skype or FaceTime interview. Successful first round candidates will be invited to interview in person.
We regret we are not in a position to personally respond to all applicants.
About Proliance Surgeons
ProOrtho is a division of Proliance Surgeons which is one of the largest surgical practices in the country, with 250 board-certified physicians providing treatment at more than 100 care centers in Washington State. Our range of specialties includes orthopedics, sports medicine, ear nose & throat, general surgery, ophthalmology, urology, obstetrics, gynecology and more. Many of our surgeries are performed at our own outpatient surgery centers where costs are often lower and recovery times faster than at a hospital. Patients return home the day of their surgery to begin healing and rehabilitation and get back to doing what they love, faster. Proliance physicians helped more than 650,000 patients last year alone and performed over 85,000 surgeries. See www.proOrtho.com and www.proliancesurgeons.com for more information.