Find a Physician
Job SummarySeattle Orthopedic Center, a division of Proliance Surgeons is seeking a PACU Registered Nurse for our busy 8 surgeon, 2 operating room, outpatient surgery center.
Job DescriptionPosted: 07/02/2019
Seattle Orthopedic Center, a division of Proliance Surgeons is seeking a PACU Registered Nurse for our busy 8 surgeon, 2 operating room, outpatient surgery center. We have a team approach and pride ourselves on working together to provide exceptional care to all of our patients. We are centrally located in the Wallingford neighborhood within walking distance to many restaurants and coffee shops! Previous PACU experience is a plus, but we are willing to train the right person. New graduates are welcome to apply. This position is 35-40 hours per week, 4-5 days a week, with no nights, no weekends, and no call.
We offer competitive wages, a great benefits package including medical, dental, vision coverage and 401k retirement plans. Free parking, catered lunch provided once a week, snack and beverage stocked break room, espresso machine, and additional employee perks such as an annual Mariner's game night.
• Current certification in BLS
• Current license to practice as a registered nurse in Washington state
• Current certification in ACLS, or within 1 month of hire
• Provide safe, quality direct patient care during phase I, Phase II, discharge, and occasional pre-OP Admitting
• Typical patient/RN ratio 1:1
• Monitor patients who have received general anesthesia including vital signs, airway, pain/nausea Phase 1 through discharge
• Provide psychological and physiological care for patients and family members during preparation for surgery and recovery
• Good assessment skills and case management skills to formulate and prioritize a plan of care adapting for changing situations for our rapid turnover of short-term patients
• Pre-Op phone assessments- assess patient readiness including physical and psychological health, allergies, medications etc. prior to surgery
• Post-op phone assessments - provide telephone consultation to patients and family members the day after surgery to evaluate surgical recovery process
• Excellent organization, prioritization and time management skills to monitor and maintain patient flow
• Flexibility with work hours to meet changing needs of the department
• Communicate appropriate information regarding changes in patient condition to surgeons, anesthesia, management, and other staff
• Works with initiative, energy and effectiveness in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to communicate effectively in written form and document accurately and completely
• Ability to work independently and multitask with minimal supervision