Orthopedic Specialists of Seattle, a division of Proliance Surgeons is seeking an outgoing energetic ATC Medical Assistant to join our fast-paced clinic. We currently have 8 Physicians and 5 PA’s. The Ideal candidate can thrive in a busy environment; have a strong knowledge of anatomy, physiology and medical terminology, provide excellent customer service and assist the patient care team.
This position will have a primary responsibility of supporting the physicians with patient care by using the AT/MA’s knowledge of the prevention, evaluation, rehabilitation and treatment of musculoskeletal injuries and conditions in the clinical setting. The AT/MA will be responsible for rooming patients, updating the electronic medical record, obtaining a thorough history, and presenting this information to the physician, as well as placing orders, removing or applying splints or braces, providing rehabilitation exercises, crutch training, and educating the patient and their family on the next steps of care.
The ideal candidate for this position will have:
- Effective interpersonal skills to communicate both in person and in writing
- Strong work ethic and ability to prioritize multiple tasks and follow through in a timely manner
- Excellent customer service skills and initiative
- Ability to work independently and as an effective team member
- Have initiative to ask questions, make proposals, and effectively problem solve
- Ability to clearly organize and maintain files and documents, both digital and printed
- Insight to work efficiently and effectively; proactively rather than reactively
- Bachelor’s degree, graduation from an Orthopedic Technology, Athletic Trainers or Physical Therapy program and be certified by the governing board of that field program.
- Certified Medicals Assistants may apply as well
- Minimum of 1-3 years of orthopedic or sports medicine experience
- Current CPR (BLS)
- Ability to maintain composure in stressful situations
- Strong computer and organizational skills required
This is a full time position Monday through Friday. We offer excellent benefits and 401k contribution.