Find a Physician
Surgery Scheduler Print
Job SummaryProOrtho, a division of Proliance Surgeons Inc., is seeking a Surgery Scheduler to join our team.
Job DescriptionPosted: 04/12/2019
ProOrtho, located in Kirkland, Washington is a 15 physician orthopedic clinic and surgery practice providing ortho care in spine, sports medicine, total joints, shoulders, knee, elbow, foot/ankle, hip and pain. The practice employs apprx 100 people and has clinics throughout the eastside of the Seattle metro area, and offers a full spectrum of orthopedic services including an AAAHC-certified outpatient ambulatory surgery center, a full-body MRI with ACR-accreditation and digital radiography. ProOrtho is a division of Proliance Surgeons, a specialty physician practice of over 200 physicians and over 1,800 employees (www.proliancesurgeons.com).
We have an exciting opportunity for you to join a dynamic and growing healthcare practice. You will be part of a solid team of professionals and we encourage growth pathways for all our employees. The position of Surgery Scheduler reports to the Clinic Manager and you will have duties focused on scheduling surgical cases at multiple locations, handling pre-ops, coordinating seminars and informational events, assuring labs/tests are completed, compiling educational packets, integrating with our Ambulatory Surgery Center and working directly with our Physician Assistants (PA’s) with their schedules. The Surgery Scheduler is responsible for ensuring required cases are properly booked, insurance authorization are obtained through the business office, equipment is ordered and available, and booking necessary assists for surgical cases.
- The essential qualities necessary include, but are not limited to:
- Flexible and adaptable
- Organized and detail-oriented; thorough
- Team player
- Ability to work independently, with little supervision
- Excellent public relations
- Interfaces well with staff and physicians
- Professional demeanor
- Follow through; initiative
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Surgery Scheduler is expected to perform position-related duties that include, but are not limited to:
- Enter received date of surgery slip/ electronic order into computer
- Submit proper documentation to the Business Office and the surgical facility in a timely manner to start their authorization processes
- Obtain necessary referrals/Pre-op labs
- Ensure surgical packet is complete
- Communicate status of upcoming surgeries to patients
- Make arrangements for other surgical details as requested, including equipment orders
- Assist with other projects designated by the Surgery Scheduler Supervisor or other members of management
- AA/BA/BS; one or more years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum one year Medical office experience preferred.
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Knowledge of insurance specifications
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Skill in basic data entry
- Excellent phone etiquette and ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to exhibit cooperation, flexibility, and provide assistance when interfacing with patients, physician and staff
- Ability to multi-task
- Skill in organizing and reporting information that is accurate and complete
- Ability to maintain composure in stressful situations
- Ability to prepare records in accordance with detailed instructions
- Ability to sit for long periods of time
- Consistency and timeliness in attendance
Work Environment/Physical Demands:
The work environment/physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee regularly is required to stand, walk, and sit. Work is performed in an office environment. Some bending and stretching required. Use of telephone is required. Manual dexterity required for use of computer keyboard. Occasionally lifts and carries items weighing up to 25 pounds. Requires working under stressful conditions or working irregular hours.
This description is intended to describe the essential job functions, the general supplemental functions and the essential requirements for the performance of this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and requirements of a person so classified. Other functions may be assigned and management retains the right to add or change the duties at any time.
How to Apply:
If interested in applying, please submit your cover letter and resume through the form below or email to ProOrthoJobs@proliancesurgeons.com.
- Please use “Surgery Scheduler Position” in the subject line
We regret we are not in a position to personally respond to all applicants.
About Proliance Surgeons, Inc. P.S.:
Proliance Surgeons, Inc., P.S. is one of the largest surgical practices in the country. Specializing in Orthopedics, Ear Nose & Throat, General Surgery and Ophthalmology, our physicians provide care at over 70 facilities in King, Snohomish, Pierce, Skagit and Benton counties of Washington. See www.proliancesurgeons.com for more information about our practice.