Find a Physician
Surgical Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner – Urology (Puyallup) Print
Job SummaryPuyallup Surgical Consultants, a division of Proliance Surgeons Inc., is seeking a full-time Surgical Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner to join our very busy Urology office in Puyallup.
Job DescriptionPosted: 04/02/2019
An ideal candidate will be an energetic, motivated individual willing to learn and work in a team-based environment. You will work under the supervision of a licensed Urologist to assist in the global management of urologic patients, including all aspects of pre-intra and post-operative care.
Partial Duties and Responsibilities:
- Contributes to physician's effectiveness by identifying short-term and long-range patient care issues that must be addressed; providing information and commentary pertinent to deliberations; recommending options and courses of action; implementing physician directives.
- Sees new and follow up patients and provides problem-oriented intervention for their urological conditions.
- Determines abnormal conditions by administering or ordering diagnostic tests, such as x-rays, cystoscopies, and laboratory studies; interpreting test results.
- Provides phone consultation for patient complaints and prescription refills.
- Performs therapeutic procedures by administering injections; catheterization; managing wounds; removing ureteral stents.
- Provides continuity of care by developing and implementing patient management plans.
- Performs complete pre-operative H&Ps on surgical patients, identifying and alerting the surgeon to any disqualifying conditions that present.
- Performs first assistant duties in all surgical procedures, including nephrectomies, nephrostomies, radical prostatectomies, orchiectomies, urologic trauma procedures, transurethral procedures, stent procedures and others.
- Conducts daily rounds and on-call duties for urologist.
- Current Washington State license
- Urology experience preferred but not required
Puyallup Surgical Consultants is a division of Proliance Surgeons, Inc., P.S. one of the largest surgical practices in the country, with physicians specializing in Orthopedics, Ear, Nose & Throat, Ophthalmology, Urology and General Surgery. Proliance is committed to providing the highest quality of care available. Our physicians provide care at conveniently located offices throughout King, Snohomish, Pierce, Skagit and Benton counties of Washington.
How to Apply:
If interested in applying, please submit your cover letter and resume through the form below or email to email@example.com.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.