Find a Physician
Audiology Assistant Print
Job SummaryBellevue Ear Nose and Throat Clinic and Sound Hearing, a division of Proliance Surgeons Inc., is seeking a full-time Audiology Assistant to join our team.
Job DescriptionPosted: 02/14/2019
The Audiology Assistant is a key player in coordinating and supporting the Audiologists, hearing aid patients and their equipment repairs, and work processes for the department. The primary role is to organize the practice’s daily activities as well as greet patients, schedule appointments, answer phones and process hearing aid equipment orders and repairs.
- Oversees patient scheduling, authorization, registration, financial counseling, records, front end payment collection, data entry and processing and cash posting for Sound Hearing
- Direct liaison with audiologists and physicians to assure that patient needs are met, quality standards are maintained, costs are controlled and productivity is maximized
- Develop and maintain a patient-focused customer service environment that maximizes patient, audiologist/physician and employee satisfaction. Assess existing service opportunities and coordinate programs and provide training
- Order and receive hearing aids for repair, track deliveries
- Reconcile purchase invoices
- Maintain inventory of hearing aid supplies
- Interact with hearing instrument manufacturers, suppliers and equipment vendors
- Perform cleaning and checks on hearing aids and amplification devices
- Resolve patient complaints
- Establish, maintain and update protocols and ensure that timely and accurate information is captured and disseminated to staff
- Prepare productivity reports
- Calculate monthly commission reports
- Coordinate vendor presentations
- Work with administrative, billing and collections leadership in developing, updating and communicating practice protocols
- Promote Sound Hearing marketing initiatives, including maintenance of website with vendor.
- Develop and implement initiatives related to quality, efficiency, teamwork and customer service
- Facilitate team meetings for Sound Health
- This role may provide roughly 25% operational support (reception) for Bellevue ENT
- Other duties as assigned
- Customer service
- ENT terminology and processes
- Data collection and presentation
- Insurance and billing familiarity
- Leadership and teambuilding
- Experience with electronic health records
- 2 years in medical office setting, preferred
- Background working directly with Audiology desired
- Demonstrated ability in leadership
- Skill in organizing, analyzing and reporting accurate production data
- Previous background with hearing aid devices and impairment preferred
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Ability and desire to work with a high degree of autonomy
- Customer (patient) centered.
- Knowledge of practice operations.
- Ability to act as a representative of practice at all times
- Problem solving skills
- Professional demeanor
- Team builder
How to Apply:
If interested in applying, please submit your cover letter and resume through the form below or email to Glenda Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Use “SOUND HEARING Audiology Assistant” as the subject