Find a Physician
Tier 2 Helpdesk Technician Print
Job SummaryThe Central Business Office of Proliance Surgeons, Inc., is looking for a Tier 2 Helpdesk Technician to join our Seattle team.
Job DescriptionPosted: 06/03/2019
- Resolve more complex issues which require detailed systems and applications knowledge
- Work with the IT Department system administrators as well as assist Tier 1 personnel
- Effectively provide resolution for issues relatively complex in nature, including thorough follow-up support and closure to issues
- Extremely customer service oriented
- Must be able to clearly and effectively communicate technical solutions with employees at all levels within the company
- Proactive monitoring of infrastructures to identify and resolve issues before downtime occurs
- Handle Tier 1 escalations and problem resolution for end-user, system and network issues
- Provides technical leadership, knowledge sharing, training and mentorship to Tier 1
- Maintain close contact and open communication with clients until an issue has been resolved
- Use communication channels to inform team of important issues and information which will help improve team performance
- Assist Manager and Team Lead with providing outage information and follow-up to end-users as needed
- Maintain close contact and open communications with system admins to research root cause analysis
- Assist with developing and maintaining current imaging system
- Proactively work to identify process improvements or automations to assist with work flow for helpdesk team
- Help Team Lead and Manager identify training gaps with Tier 1 team
- Participate in weekly issues and troubleshooting meetings
- Back up Tier 1 team as needed; other duties as assigned
Skills & Knowledge:
- Excellent customer service skills
- Self-motivated and goal driven, with the ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including strong attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, and problem solving skills
- Outstanding organizational, time management and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to coordinate multiple tasks, status actions items, respond to changing priorities, and react to short deadlines
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment (sometimes virtually)
- Proficient with internal ticketing system
- Proficiency with various hardware and software equipment and operating systems
- Windows Desktop applications; various operating systems, software applications and basic hardware for the PC; principles of theories of network systems and management
- Internet technologies and products
Experience & Education:
- MCP (Microsoft Certified Professional) or equivalent
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology or similar discipline and a minimum of 4 years’ experience in escalated IT help desk operations (i.e. providing end-user support for desktop and application software, OR 4 years installing, upgrading, troubleshooting and repairing personal computers and printers in a network environment)
- Expert problem solving and documentation skills
- Strong telephone and interpersonal networking skills
- Excellent customer service skills, with the drive to excel in a prompt and courteous fashion
- Ability to read, understand and implement established procedures
- Training in information management, use of troubleshooting and technology knowledge base usage to help clientele in the proper diagnosis of the root cause of technical problems, while able to recommend an accurate resolution
How to Apply:
If interested in applying, please submit your cover letter and resume through the form below or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Use “Tier 2 Helpdesk Technician ” as the subject.
- Candidates under consideration will be scheduled for a telephone, Skype or FaceTime interview. Successful first round candidates will be invited to interview in person.
- We regret we are not in a position to personally respond to all applicants.
About Proliance Surgeons:
Proliance Surgeons, Inc., P.S. is one of the largest surgical practices in the country with approximately 241 physicians and 2000 employees. Specializing in Orthopaedics, Ear Nose & Throat, Ophthalmology and General Surgery, our physicians provide care at over 87 facilities in King, Snohomish, Pierce, Skagit and Benton counties of Washington. See www.proliancesurgeons.com for more information about our practice.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a diverse environment.